Phone and Online Resources
PET LOSS LINES:
- ASPCA Pet Loss Support: 877-474-3310
- IAM's Pet Loss Support: 888-332-7738
- The organization Lap of Love offers a complimentary national hotline available to those anticipating or grieving the loss of their beloved pet to help you find a non-emergency pet loss support group or other resources in your area: 855-352-5683
- Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital - Argus Institute: 970-297-1242
- Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 607-253-3932
- Louisiana State University College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 225-578-9547
- Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 517-432-5967
- Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 508-839-7966
- University of California at Davis College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 800-565-1526
- University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 877-394-2273
- Utah State University School of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 435-757-4540
- Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support: 540-231-8038
PET LOSS LINKS:
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement: https://www.aplb.org
- The Pet Loss Support Page: https://www.pet-loss.net
- University of Pennsylvania's Veterinary School partners with Day By Day Pet Support:
- Colorado State University Argus Institute Counseling and Support Services: http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/vth/diagnostic-and-support/argus/Pages/default.aspx
- Louisiana State University College of Veterinary Medicine Best Friend Gone Project: https://www.lsu.edu/vetmed/veterinary_hospital/services/counseling_services.php
- University of California at Davis: https://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/grief-counseling/pet-loss-resources
- Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Resources: https://www.vet.cornell.edu/about-us/outreach/pet-loss-support-hotline/resources-grieving
- Chance’s Spot: https://chancesspot.org/index.php
- Rainbows Bridge: https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Grief_Support_Center/Grief_Support_Home.htm
- Our Pals: https://www.ourpals.com/
- If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, call 911 or your local emergency services.
- If you or someone you’re concerned about is depressed, unable to cope, or having thoughts of suicide or harming others, immediately call 800-784-2433 for mental health hotlines by state, and international hotline numbers.
- In addition, 211 is a 24/7 national free and confidential service that helps you find the resources you need including crisis and emergency.
- If you are looking for resources to address thoughts about suicide, self-harming, or harming others, contact 800-273-8255 or visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org. This resource offers 24/7 free and confidential support for people in distress.
Grief is a normal and natural process; however, the loss of a loved one can cause such emotional distress that warrants professional help, which is beyond the scope of RemembeRing. While our product is designed as a compassionate intervention, our materials and website content are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to replace professional mental health evaluation, counseling or care, especially in a crisis and if severe grief persists.
Also, please be aware that people who provide pet loss support vary greatly in their education, training, experience, and expertise; explore your options carefully and consult your healthcare provider as needed.